You may not have got the conclusions of NUFI General Assembly held in Bafang in march 2017. They were published in french. The english version of the resolutions will be made available from now on. Sorry for the delay. Thank you
CONGRES NUFI 2017
In the year two thousand and seventeen and the thirty-first of March and the first of April, the General Assembly of the NUFI Cultural Association was held in Bafang, Upper Nkam Division. At the end of the proceedings and the discussions, the General Meeting adopted the following resolutions:
RESOLUTION N° 01/2017 : Management structure.
I. CENTRAL ORGANS
The General Assembly of the NUFI Cultural Association decides to restructure the organizational system of the Association, at the central and regional levels. As a result, its central structure now consists of the following bodies:
- The General Assembly, supreme body, composed of individual members, delegates from the Regions, elected representatives of the governing bodies and personalities co-opted by the Assembly.
- The Board of Directors, composed of a maximum of 40 members, representing stakeholders in the Association’s objectives, namely, the promotion and safeguarding of Upper-Nkam culture, traditions and the fe’efe’e language. These stakeholders include: traditional Rulers, Mayors and Religious institutions, local language teachers, friendly herbalists from Unesco in Upper Nkam, the Upper Nkamois communities of Cameroon and the Diaspora, the inner and outer elite Haut-Nkam or any natural or legal person working for culture;
- C.The Executive Board, elected between members of the Board of Directors; It is responsible for the implementation of the agenda validated by the Board of Directors in line with the strategic orientations set by the General Assembly.
II. DECENTRALIZED ORGANS
A. REGIONAL STRUCTURES.
Regional structures are set up in large cities, mainly Douala and Yaoundé, the diaspora or in any other city as may be decided by the Board of Directors.
They are similar to those of the central organs and fulfill the same tasks, within the framework of the national guidelines and annual agenda. They are supervised by the National Executive Board.
Regional organs are :
I. The Regional Assembly composed of the following members:
¨Registered members of the NUFI Association and members of the national bodies living in the region;
¨Delegates from the local communities, associations and mutual aid groups;(a community means association of the natives of the same village in Upper-Nkam Division);
II. A Board of Directors composed of:
- Representatives of the Chiefs of the Communities;
- Representatives of the coordinating body of the leaders of the women communities ;
- Representatives of the coordinating body of the men communities presidents ;
- Representatives of the coordinating body of the «Entraides Haut-Nkam»;
- Representatives of the coordinating body of cultural associations (dances, choirs, artists);
- Former leaders of the NUFI Association and selected Upper-Nkam elites residing in the city.
The quotas for each category of above members are fixed by the National Board of Directors, within the limit of 30 members.
II.The Regional Executive Bureau
The Regional Board of Directors shall elec from among its members a Regional Executive Bureau composed as follows:
· A Chairperson;
· A Vice-President,
· A Regional Secretary,
· A Treasurer General;
· A External Auditor.
III. DIVISIONAL FOCAL POINTS.
Outside major metropolises (Douala and Yaoundé), the Association is represented in each Division or locality, by the joint association coordinating all the community associations of the Upper Nkam natives.
The focal point shall participate in the implementation of the annual action plan of the Association, under the supervision and with the support and advice of the National Executive Board.
Adopted at Bafang on 01 April 2017
The President of the Assembly
Dr KAMENI Gouabou Joseph
The Rapporteur No. 1
Rapporteur N° 2
Download resolution N°1